Friday, July 10, 2015

The Lord's Timetable

I've been able to spend some good time with my dad over the past few days and thought I would write a short update on how he is doing.  Up until yesterday he has been getting up and walking downstairs, just to have a change of scene. However, his strength is diminishing, so I don't think he'll be going down anymore. He is only drinking water, but he is drinking less everyday.  On Wednesday the nurse mentioned that she has never seen a patient live beyond a week on just water and how miraculous it is that he has now almost gone two weeks.  We've talked about how it is probably because he was so darn healthy before this cancer came along.  The nurse came for a visit today and informed us there has been a decline in his oxygen level, which lets us know that his time is getting short.

On Tuesday I had the opportunity to read him a few letters from some of you, expressing your gratitude for the life he has lived.  He and we are so grateful for your sincere words of love and encouragement.  What a blessing it has been for all of us that he still has his sense of humor and he is still teaching us all through the faithful way he is handling his circumstance.  It breaks my heart to see my dad have to suffer so much, and yet I am so grateful he feels so peaceful and fearless about it all.  His faith has rubbed off on us and we are trying to face the future with that faith burning bright.  He said to me the other day, "You know Lis, it's the Lord's timetable and we just need to submit."  I pray that I can do just that.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Craig and Margie,
    This past Thursday we were able to have the sister missionaries come to our home for dinner. Sister Lettie Gillmore was one of those missionaries. After asking where she had come from (East Millcreek), We asked her if she knew you! Well, of course she did, and then she reminded me of something I already knew, that your twin granddaughter was given her name! What a tender mercy, She had been praying that there would be a way to be kept aware of you and all you are going through. As you know, she loves you and your family dearly, and keeps you in her prayers, as do we. We loved having her in our home and we will be seeing her often since she is assigned to our ward. She is such a sweet and dedicated missionary.
    Much love,
    Frances and Dwight Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bishop,

    Want you to know how much I love you! You were so instrumental in my decision to serve a mission. The kindness shown and firm testimony of our savior resonated with me through all those lessons as a youth. I know I am just one of thousands you have touched but I'm indebted none the less. Thank you again!!! Love,
    Dan Brewer

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you get a chance before Craig goes, please tell him Duane Toney, from Sorenson days, sends his love and friendship.

    Craig, I sure enjoyed working with you and Jim Larson. I am a bit upset that I have changed all my eating habits because of you and Jim teasing me about my poor eating habits and you two contracted cancer. My future is set. Perhaps I should go back to burgers, fries and pop so I can die of something else. I love you Craig. My life is better for knowing you! Duane

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had the wonderful experience of working along the side of Craig at the Sorenson Companies. During this time, Craig set an example of diligent hard work and the utmost integrity. He frequently expressed his love of his family and how proud he was of them. We are grateful for Craig's friendship and kindness. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Craig, Margie and families.. Don and Gloria Wallace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your wonderful example as a father, friend, musician, and bishop. You have lived a full and valiant life and will be missed! We are praying for you and your family and love you all.
    -the Romrell family

    ReplyDelete