Saturday, June 6, 2015

The journey begins...

Dear Family and Friends,

As many of you have heard, Craig has recently been diagnosed with stomach cancer. He has struggled with stomach issues the last 4-5 years. Recently things worsened and doctors have determined that there is indeed a malignancy in his stomach.

We don't know much yet about treatment protocols but will be meeting with a team of oncologists next week at the Huntsman Cancer Center.

We will keep you posted when we know more. In the mean time, rest assured our hope burns brightly and our faith, family and friends sustain us.

We so appreciate your loving concern for us. We would love to talk or visit with you.  We hope this blog will help keep you informed as we go along.

Love,

Craig and Margie

7 comments:

  1. It has broken my heart to hear the news of my friend Craig and this "new journey" he is beginning. My dear friend Margaret Ann, and their children and grand-children will be now going through something foreign to many of us...But, I want them to know that I know that Craig is now in the hands of the Lord. He is ever aware of every decision you will make, the nurses who will care for you, the doctor's who will help you make those decisions and each comforting touch that Margie will give Craig when needed. I wish I could gather Craig at the piano, with Matt playing the base, and grand-children singing and sitting around their parents and on Margie's lap and by their grandpa...for hours, and hours, right? Thank you Wade for posting the beautiful song that Craig wrote. The images reflect so much of the love you all have in the Larson family. I send to you a poem that I wrote back when I was 21 that speaks of the comfort that Scott and I want to give along with our prayers and continued love as each day passes. We cannot imagine how this journey will feel, and we may not be there in person, but we know that the words of "your faith burning bright" is how will be fighting for you too.

    Soft Waters

    I have come here
    year after year.
    and felt the water;
    bring memories to me
    and words of dreams for my future.

    The wind blows.
    the clouds are gray and misty.
    Everything is so majestic and overpowering.

    It’s kind of like how I feel sometimes about life--
    that there is nothing I can do
    to prevent some of the things that happen to me.

    And then, I remember;
    that the same man who calms the water--
    can ease my soul,
    and lift any burden,
    and bring soft waters to me again.

    Lu Briggs at age 21.

    All our Love, Scott and Lu Savage

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love you both!!! Prayers for you! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Dearest Friends, this is sobering news. You can be sure we are among the many friends who care about you, and are praying for you. Thomas will add you into his prayers, and once there, you will never be forgotten. Your beautiful music is listened to almost daily by him.

      None of the Marshalls could ever forget about you. You touch our hearts with your genuine devotion to all that is good. We add our own bright hope to your own.

      Love and Blessings on you, dear Craig,

      Stephen and Jan Marshall, and all

      Delete
  4. Craig, I cannot believe what I hear is happening to YOU, my favorite, musician, nephew on the Borup side of the family. I have loved and respected and looked up to YOU, and who you are for as long as I've known you. YOU are my sweet Borup nephew-man of sweet loving, character. I am sooooo sorry that you are experiencing this terrible cancer. Our prayer are with you and will continue for as long as need be to help you through this dreadful experience. All our family send heir love and prayers.
    Love you much, Gadys & Keith Borup

    ReplyDelete
  5. Craig, I cannot believe what I hear is happening to YOU, my favorite, musician, nephew on the Borup side of the family. I have loved and respected and looked up to YOU, and who you are for as long as I've known you. YOU are my sweet Borup nephew-man of sweet loving, character. I am sooooo sorry that you are experiencing this terrible cancer. Our prayer are with you and will continue for as long as need be to help you through this dreadful experience. All our family send heir love and prayers.
    Love you much, Gadys & Keith Borup

    ReplyDelete